PDA

View Full Version : Foundation Mexico 2 - another incredible video by Vlad

Huy
February 15th, 2012, 04:06 AM
THANK YOU VLAD AND YOUR TRUSTY ASSISTANT ANNA K.!

http://fworkshop.com/2012/02/foundation-mexico-2/

GulnaraS
February 15th, 2012, 05:14 AM
THANK YOU VLAD!!!!!!!!

http://fworkshop.com/2012/02/foundation-mexico-2/

That was sooo good!!! I miss you all!!!!

Joe Milton
February 15th, 2012, 05:54 AM
So sorry it looks like it wasn't any fun at all. :)

Christopher David
February 15th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Holy crap Vlad! That was amazing!

Kirsten Lewis
February 15th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Hot shit that was brilliant!

Kip Beelman
February 15th, 2012, 11:40 AM
I'm beaming and wishing I was THERE.

David Murray
February 15th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I am running out of ways to say how much I appreciate that Vlad gives us these gifts every time he takes his camera out. He makes me feel like I was there. He makes me wish I was there. He makes me think that no matter what mundane thing I do, Vlad would make it look as if I had just been handed the keys to the kingdom. Love you Vlad.

Sergio
February 15th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Vlad and Anna!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!! You two blew me away!!!!!!

Huy
February 15th, 2012, 12:35 PM
I feel like I was there!

David Murray
February 15th, 2012, 12:41 PM
i feel like i was there!

jajajaja

David Murray
February 15th, 2012, 12:41 PM
i feel like i was there!

jajajaja

Sergio
February 15th, 2012, 12:42 PM
The party really started when the mariachis left :-)

Like Rick James would have said "Tequila is a hell of a liquor."

Andrew Mejia
February 15th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Vlad y Anna, *increible!* simplemente, *INCREIBLE!* this was unbelievable!! thanks for such a masterpiece :)

Andrew Mejia
February 15th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Vlad ( + Anna), LOVE IT!!! it was fun watching you two moving about getting these bits and pieces to put it together into something fantastic to watch!!

Thank you both so much!! I too feel like I was there :)

ps> oh, and no worries about the marshmallow games :) hehehehe...

Eric Velado
February 15th, 2012, 01:45 PM
De poca madre!!

Huy
February 15th, 2012, 02:09 PM
The party really started when the mariachis left :-)

Like Rick James would have said "Tequila is a hell of a liquor."

Glad there's no footage of that!

Fabian Espinosa
February 15th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Amazing video!!! MUST be at FM3 or FW11 or FW12 !!! Soundtrack was crazy genius!!

Jan Garcia
February 15th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Awesome Vlad! You are just the best. FM2 looks like it was amazing.

And DAMNIT, why don't I know how to speak SPANISH?!?!? Where is my Rosetta Stone!?!?

Ben Chrisman
February 15th, 2012, 03:17 PM
thank you vlad and anna! mexico was a million times better with both of you there. that video will be watched forever.

Dianna Montoya
February 15th, 2012, 03:22 PM
That video is downright awesome!!

Huy
February 15th, 2012, 03:29 PM
come on Garcia!!!!

Awesome Vlad! You are just the best. FM2 looks like it was amazing.

And DAMNIT, why don't I know how to speak SPANISH?!?!? Where is my Rosetta Stone!?!?

Jenny DeMarco
February 15th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Vlad you are amazingly brilliant. Looks absolutely amazing!!!!

Joe Dickie
February 15th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Bravo!! Well done, Vlad and Anna! Thank you for sharing your gifts.

Sherry Pickerell
February 15th, 2012, 05:18 PM
So so great! Vlad you and Anna did such a wonderful job! Especially fell in love with all the dog scenes! You always know exactly how to capture who someone is and catch them at their best! BRAVO!

Vlad Chaloupka
February 15th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Thank you everyone! Just can't believe how good FM2 was, it was just sooooooooo amazing in every way--thanks for letting me be a part of it Huy!
And thank you for shooting with me Anna, you were incredible!!!!

Vlad Chaloupka
February 15th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Vlad ( + Anna), LOVE IT!!! it was fun watching you two moving about getting these bits and pieces to put it together into something fantastic to watch!!

Thank you both so much!! I too feel like I was there :)

ps> oh, and no worries about the marshmallow games :) hehehehe...

...yeah, sorry about that Andrew!!!

Sarah Kang
February 15th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Absolutely brilliant! Thank you, Vlad & Anna! Loved it!!

Huy
February 15th, 2012, 05:35 PM
I am glad I cleared out when the marshmallow games started.

David Murray
February 15th, 2012, 05:43 PM
I forgot to say thank you to dear Anna for all her hard work on this. Great job you! I know you had a blast, and we are rewarded with your great eye and heart! XXOO

Vlad Chaloupka
February 15th, 2012, 05:50 PM
I forgot to say thank you to dear Anna for all her hard work on this. Great job you! I know you had a blast, and we are rewarded with your great eye and heart! XXOO

Yes! I think Anna just might have a knack for this video thing! ;)

Citlalli Rico
February 15th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Vladi is a genius! I've never had more fun in my life (except on my wedding day) and this video shows it soooo well!!
Anna you should shoot photos with one hand and video with the other one.
Thank you both for sharing our wonderful experience and showing it to the world!!

Anna Kuperberg
February 15th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Joe Dickie, you were dearly missed. I hope that one day the three of us can shoot something together.

Vlad, I learned so much. I want to let everyone know how exciting it was in the editing room as I watched Vlad speed up the time lapse crazy sky and put scary music on top. I was jumping up and down in our room, so excited. That inspired me to go out and shoot that time lapse of the moon, the one that fades into the projector light. That is how I learned by watching. (You should know, in order to do that I had to convince him to let me borrow his tripod, which happened to be holding up one end of the editing table that his laptop was on. Thanks Vlad!)

I think everyone should learn video, it will make you better photographers. Here are some of the many things you have to do to shoot video:

1. Nail the white balance (I did not)
2. Hold the camera steady (I did not)
3. Manually focus and then MOVE the focus as the subject moves (I did OK with this).
4. Think ahead about the editing process while you are shooting (I did OK with this too).
5. Create a composition that is great not just right now, but will continue to look good as things change, as someone walks through the door or someone pushes a wheelchair across the frame. That is really hard! For example, you don't want to start shooting after the wheelchair has entered the frame, you have to start before that, and then the wheelchair goes, and then it has to completely exit the frame for the story to make sense.

Here are some ways that shooting video is easier than stills!
1. No one really knows when you're shooting. Much easier to be a ninja.
2. You have so many options in a boring situation, just use a glider or do a time lapse and it will look great. Or just put awesome music on top! (Not that there were any boring situations in San Miguel!)
3. You can put the camera on the dashboard of a car and just let it go. Instant dolly! One of the great things I learned from Vlad.
4. Fade to white! Fade to black! Fade to another shot! So many options and they all create an emotional impact. I've cried at many more times watching movies than looking at photos. And I'm a person who really loves photos. But movies have a way of absorbing you completely and hitting you in the gut.

I am taking everything I learned from Vlad and videoing the older generation of my family. (That's what I just did the last four days in Florida). They have a lot of holocaust and war stories and it's pretty intense. It's important and I've been wanting to do it for a long time. I think everyone should video their families, especially the older generation.

Cameron Clark
February 15th, 2012, 11:46 PM
magnifico. brilliant. gorgeous. My favorite is Anna, Daniel, Katrina and Fer slow mo on the couch.

Cameron Clark
February 15th, 2012, 11:48 PM
wait a second... holy tequila at the end.

Samo Rovan
February 16th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Woooowwwww, go go go Vlad, go go go Mexico, go go go my friends, go go go FM... I felt like I was there...

Scott McQuarrie
February 16th, 2012, 09:38 AM
I was reluctant to watch that video because I knew that I would be instantly envious of the Mexicans. Vlad you were missed at FW10. Congrats Huy on how well FWM2 went - what a fun time

Buffy Goodman
February 16th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Awesomesauce! Holy jeez!

Huy
February 16th, 2012, 03:41 PM
It's all Vlad and Anna's work that made it look funner that it actually was.

Had they been at FW10, it would have looked like that too...minus the mariachi and sombreros, of course...

Olivia Vale
February 19th, 2012, 03:06 PM
oh my goodness. Incredible, incredible, incredible. So much personality in this video. Vlad, your wry, smart humor and insight make for such multi-layered documentation. Anna, way to kill it. You are both masters.

Damon Pijlman
February 21st, 2012, 05:37 AM
Vlad and Anna films rock so great !! and now really wanne join the coming one

Vlad Chaloupka
February 24th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the comments! :) :)
Anna, great post on this thread, some really good notes on taking video (yeah, my white balance often sucks too, and when it does I just make the clip black and white, ha ha!!)
Hi Damon, welcome to Foundation, good to see you here!

Aga
February 27th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Holly s*it! I'm sorry for the lack of better words but this ... leaved me speechless! AMAZING editing, amazing energy... perfection!

Susana Barbera
April 30th, 2012, 09:30 PM
I just watched the video again... Vlad, Anna, i had a smile on my face since the moment 00:00!!! See you guys working was so amazing, and specially see what you got in the video from there!! I miss you all!! FM2 was just something to not forget and thankss this video i can go back there everytime i want!! Thanksssss :)

Vlad Chaloupka
June 22nd, 2012, 01:28 AM
Thank you very much Aga and Susana!!!